Sunday, November 4, 2007

UCLA Research: Superhydrophilicity

... (a period of silence) ....
Now after that brief break, I decided I'd update the blog with what I've been so busy with the past several weeks. We are working on a method to generate superhydrophilic films using polystyrene nanoparticles and thin film SiO2. I designed a process which utilizes the atmospheric plasma for substrate pre-treatment, nanoparticle etching, and plasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition (PECVD) of silicon dioxide. I'm off to present the results at the 2007 Annual Meeting of AIChE (American Institute of Chemical Engineers) in Salt Lake City, UT this week. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Micha,
I would like to show colleagues of mine your video – droplet put on superhydrophilic surface during my presentation this Thursday. Could you provide me, please, with your video.
My e-mail address is marcel.simor@tno.nl.
Thank you very much for your kind understanding.
Kind regards,
Marcel